Coaching is a collaborative relationship focussed on enabling an individual to become his or her best self, both professionally and personally by expanding their capacity to take effective action.
Coaching is a professional development process designed to deepen and expand the coachee’s appreciation of their challenges or aspirations, and from this place of enriched perception choose strategies and tactics for effective action. The value of an independent coach is in providing a judgment free environment in which to share what is difficult or confusing in the context of the coachee’s experience. In essence, the coach’s role is to explore, listen deeply, reflect, provoke, challenge and guide.
All of our coaches:
- possess decades of coaching experience and possess post graduate qualifications in the field
- are practising organisational consultants, which means they have in-depth appreciation of contemporary workplace dynamics
- draw from a blended approach to coaching, incorporating insights and tools from various coaching methods to promote the well-being and development of the individual rather than advocating a ‘one answer for all’
Coaching is sought by individuals, and or their organisation, to address any of the following situations:
- desire to increase personal or leadership effectiveness within a role
- leading organisation restructure or downsizing
- intervening to improve poor team dynamics or dis-engagement
- managing cultural change either on a local or larger scale
- starting up a new team or new role (role assimilation)
- eagerness to explore new or different career goals and pathways
- managing upwards/political influence of stakeholders